The Doctoral Program in Financial Economics aims to provide students with a strong grounding in the theoretical aspects of mathematical finance in order to enable them to contribute towards further developments in the field. Students can follow a career path towards becoming academic researchers and teachers at institutions of higher education, or towards leading research departments in a variety of financial institutions.
Maximum Time to Complete the Financial Economics Ph.D. Program
The program must be completed in a maximum of 12 terms, including 4 semesters of courses and 8 semesters for thesis.
For students who do not have a Master's degree (Integrated Doctoral Program), the maximum duration is 14 semesters, including 6 semesters of courses and 8 semesters for thesis.
Requirements for Completion of the Financial Economics Ph.D. Program
To complete the Doctoral Program, 7 courses, 1 seminar, qualification exam and doctoral dissertation must be passed.
In order to complete the Integrated Doctoral Program, 14 courses, 1 seminar, qualification exam and doctoral dissertation must be passed.
Besides, the qualification exam must be taken latest by the 5th semester of the doctoral program (for the integrated doctoral program: latest by the 7th semester).
Our vision is to contribute to academic research into the operations and implications of increasingly complex financial markets with regard to the various stakeholders, so that we can develop stable and free markets for the benefit of society and help allocate resources efficiently for investors in a manner that promotes long-term sustainable development for the economy.
To focus on an open and active research atmosphere for our students so that they are able to contribute to groundbreaking academic research that can help us evaluate and also improve our financial markets and systems.
Our graduates should be well prepared for any of the following career paths, based on their interest:
1. Academic research and teaching in any institution of higher education
2. Leading applied research in any private or public-sector organization or institution
3. Entrepreneurship, including advising or consulting firms
Candidates create a new user at http://ebs.yeditepe.edu.tr/, access the online application form, fill out the form and make online applications to the Financial Economics Doctorate Program. Following applications, candidates are invited to an interview in September for the Fall semester, in January for the Spring semester and in June for the Summer semester. Successful candidates can start taking the department courses upon completion of their final registration provided that they meet the following conditions.
1. Being successful in the department interviews.
2. Having a bachelor's degree from a national or international university whose equivalence is accepted by the Turkish Council of Higher Education.
3. Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES in the program subject area. Candidates who do not have a master's degree must have a minimum score of 80 from ALES in the program subject area. ALES exam results are valid for five years. ALES is not required for foreign students.
4. To have a minimum score of 55 from the YÖKDİL, YDS or E-YDS exams taken in the last five years, or to have a minimum score of 66 from the TOEFL IBT exam taken in the last two years.
5. For candidates who do not have a master's degree, their undergraduate CGPA must be at least 3.00 / 4.00 or equivalent.
Required Documents for Application:
• Letter of Intent
• Application Form (You can fill the form by accessing the online application link on the website of Yeditepe University Institute of Social Sciences)
• ALES (minimum 55 points, minimum 80 points for applicants without a Master's degree). ALES is not required for foreign students.
• A copy of the English Exam Result Document
• Undergraduate and Graduate Diploma photocopies
• Photocopies of Official Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts (A minmum CGPA of 3.00 / 4.00 or equivalent is required for candidates who do not have a Master's degree)
• Resume in English
• Photocopy of Military Status or Discharge Certificate
Documents Required for Final Registration
• Original and 2 Copies of Undergraduate / Graduate Diploma (Students who have completed their education abroad are additionally required to bring notarized Turkish translations of their documents.)
• Original and 2 Copies of Undergraduate / Graduate Transcript (Students who have completed their education abroad are required to bring notarized Turkish translations of their documents in addition.)
• ALES Result (ALES document is not required for foreign student.)
• Language Exemption Certificate (YDS, YÖKDİL or TOEFL)
• For Turkish Citizens with Foreign Diplomas: Equivalency Certificate from the Turkish Council of Higher Education
• Original Military Status Certificate. (Photocopy of the discharge certificate from those who have completed their military service.)
• Original and Photocopy of Identity Card (Original and Photocopy of Passport and Residence Permit for Foreign Candidates)
• Certificate of residence. (e.g., e-government printout)
• 4 Passport Photographs
Frequently Asked Matters by Students Related to Their Doctoral Program: