Maximum graduation Time
Ph.D : 4 semester classes + 8 semester thesis so 12 semester.
Master+Ph.D : 6 semester classes + 8 semester thesis so 14 semester.
Requirements for graduation from Program
Ph.D: 7 classes + 1 Seminar, proficiency exam, Thesis.
Master+Ph.D: 14 classes + 1 Seminar, proficiency exam, Thesis.
Process of PhD Programme
Students who successfully complete the Master's Program can apply to the doctoral program. Candidates must be successful in the written and / or oral exam to be admitted to the program by the department. In doctoral education, students take 7 doctoral courses. Students who successfully complete these courses are entitled to take the doctoral proficiency exam to be held at least six months after the end of the courses. Students who pass the doctorate proficiency exam in the field of public or private law, select a doctoral thesis subject under the supervision of a faculty member and write a doctoral thesis in the subject.
There is another integrated doctorate program application besides the doctorate education after master's education. In this doctorate program, students can apply for a doctorate program without a master's degree. In this program, the student graduation average must be at least 3.00 / 4.00 and the ALES score must be EA 80. In addition, the student candidate must succeed in the written and / or oral exam of the department together with other candidates. It is essential that the students who will be admitted to the Doctorate Program know English well as well as the success of the Science Exam.
Lectures and seminars are preferably given at evening hours on weekdays and in the afternoon on Saturdays, however, sometimes certain lectures may be given between 16.00-19.00 on weekdays. It is known that especially foreigner lecturers prefer to give lectures as “block class”. Accordingly, a guest professor, who comes İstanbul for one week, may complete a fifteen hour class module by giving lectures for three hours everyday. These lectures are given between 16.00-19.00.
A limited number of candidates are accepted to the PhD programme. The ones who are interested should make pre-registration to Yeditepe University Law Faculty and Social Science Institution.
Bachelor degree diploma, transcript, ALES Exam Result, Military Service Situation document, Copy of ID Card, Residence Certificate and 6 headshots are required for registration. During the registration, the candidate delivers a list of courses selected by him/her to Programme Management. Courses which will be taken by the candidate are approved by the Academic Advisor.
Seminars and courses are given with a limited number of participants. The courses which are selected by at least 8 applicants are opened in a relevant academic year.
• With a three-dimensional approach in various fields of domestic/foreign and global law,
• With the superior experience and qualifications of the instructors,
• Realistic and practical content based on the diversity of courses, case studies and contemporary judicial decisions,
• With the rich and up-to-date collection of the Central Library,
• Allows the development of students.
However, the success of students is based on these facts:
• Attending courses as well as learning consciousness, willingness and honesty,
• Seeking a broad perspective, a comparative and analytical approach to issues,
• Transferring their knowledge, opinions and experiences to instructors and friends in a participatory, shared environment, either individually or jointly,
• Ultimately, specialising by making the necessary synthesis
- Our graduates are working as a lawyer in Turkey's largest law firm.
- Our graduate, who won the final exam and took the first place of the success list, is an example of our success in the judgeship and prosecution exams.
- We have many lawyers graduates enrolled in the New York Bar Association.
- Our graduates in many law schools works as academicians.
For alumnis’ views: www.gelecegiplanla.com
The courses and instructors of the any education period are determined by Institue of Social Science after identifying the requirements. According to demand level of any course, during add/drop period, Institute management can cancel or postpone these courses.
The number of courses that a student can take was limited to seven for both spring and fall term. However, taking one more course can be approved by Institute as a result of joint assessments of success level and forcing reason
If the advisor and teacher approve, student can withdraw from a course by the end of the second week when the courses of spring and fall term started. Withdrawing from a course is not possible after 1th October 2008.Except for accepted force majeure by Institute Management, student cannot select another course instead of dropped course.
Attendance to all courses is compulsory. However, absenteeism which is not more than 30 percent in theoretic courses,20 percent in applied courses is tolerated.
A student taking education in program with or without thesis must have 2.50/4 (GPRS)- grade point average -which correspond to CB (as letter grade)- in order to be regarded as a successful student for all courses.If student does not match the aimed level and if she/he demands increasing the average, the Institute allows him/her to repeat the course in which a D (letter grade) was given.
The appearance of legal education is changing in the world. Law is rapidly shifting from the local to the international arena as well as the developments in information and technology and the development of humanity opens new windows in the field of law. Undoubtedly, this process affects not only the undergraduate programs, but also the graduate programs.
Yeditepe University Social Sciences Institute provides master and doctoral programs in law for this purpose. At Yeditepe University, while the graduate programs are trying to deepen the classical law education with international aspect of the law, and they look to the law of the future with innovations in technology and information.
In this context, contemporary issues such as Energy Law, International IT Law, Sinnallagmatic Contracts, current issues in Tax Law, Turkish Energy Market Law are available in the graduate programs. In addition to this, the programs includes a broad perspective in the international field such as European Convention on Human Rights and the Right to Fair Trial, International Law and the Law of the Sea Issues, Genocide in International Law, EU Law and EU-Turkey relations, European Convention on Human Rights and the Right to Fair Trial, Joint Stock Companies in the Light of International law.
The program has been created taking into account both specific areas and general principles of public law and private law. Therefore, studies are carried out in various areas such as Liability in Commercial Law, Cheque Law, Preliminary Contracts, Extra-contractual Liability, In-Party Democracy, Personal Rights in Civil Law, Constitutional Principles of Voting Right, Protection Measures in Criminal Procedure, General Principles in Criminal Law, Temporary Legal Protection in Civil Procedure Law, Termination of Obligation Relations and Concordatum.
Doctoral Programs Admission Requirements
- Master’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution. (In the field of law)
- For the Ph.D. program the minimum required ALES score is 55. (Test results older than five years from the date of the application are not valid and will not be accepted). Candidates who do not have ALES certificate at the application date may register as a "Conditional student".
- For English language proficiency, the minimum required YOKDIL, YDS score is 55 and minimum required TOEFL score is 66 (Test results older than five years from the date of the application are not valid and will not be accepted.) Candidates who do not have YOKDİL, YDS,TOEFL certificate at the application date may register as a "Conditional student".
Please click for the Bologna Info-Package of the Law Ph.D Program.
Please click for the NQF-HETR Schema of the Law Ph.D Program.
Course Contents of the Law Ph.D Program.:
(All courses are held in Turkish)