The Masters’ Program in Financial Economics aims to provide students a strong background in the fundamentals of Finance and its applications, in the context of the increasing reliance on mathematical modeling, quantitative methods and innovative financial instruments and technological platforms. Students can follow career paths related to managerial or research positions in the industry, or can go on to obtain their doctoral degree geared towards academic research.
Maximum Time to Complete the Master's in Financial Economics Program
The Master's with Thesis Program must be completed in a maximum of 6 terms, including 4 semesters of courses and 2 semesters for thesis.
The Master's with Non-Thesis Program must be completed in a maximum of 3 terms, including 3 semesters of courses.
Requirements for Completion of the Master's in Financial Economics Program
To complete the The Master's with Thesis Program, 3 compulsory courses, 5 elective courses, and a master's thesis must be passed.
To complete the The Master's with Non-Thesis Program, 1 compulsory course, 9 elective courses and a graduation project must be passed.
Our vision is to contribute to the efficient and ethical operations of highly-complex and interrelated markets that depend on sophisticated financial instruments and mathematical modeling in a manner that promotes sustainable socioeconomic development alongside a focus on the risk-return metrics, in line with current and long-term needs.
We aim to provide our students a knowledge of the intricacies of financial engineering and econometrics so that they can participate in existing financial markets and help develop future trends, keeping in mind the current and long-term needs of the various stakeholders, and have a sufficient theoretical and empirical background to continue onto a doctoral degree in related fields.
Our graduates should be well prepared for any of the following career paths, based on their interest:
1. A managerial or research position in a related field, in any commercial or government organization
2. A research-oriented or academic career through further education
3. Entrepreneurship, including advising or consulting firms
Candidates create a new user at http://ebs.yeditepe.edu.tr/, access the online application form, fill out the form and make online applications to the Financial Economics Master's Program under Social Sciences Institute. Following applications, candidates are invited to an interview in September for the Fall semester, in January for the Spring semester and in June for the Summer semester. Successful candidates can start taking the department courses upon completion of their final registration provided that they meet the following conditions.
1. Being successful in the department interview.
2. Having a bachelor's degree from a national or international university whose equivalence is accepted by the Turkish Council of Higher Education.
3. Having a minimum score of 55 from ALES in the program field for the Master's Program with Thesis. ALES exam results are valid for five years. ALES is not required in the Non-Thesis Master's Program (i.e., Master Program with Graduation Project). ALES is not required for foreign students.
4. Having a score of 55 from the YÖKDİL, YDS or E-YDS exams taken in the last five years for exemption from the English language exam, or 66 from the TOEFL IBT exam taken in the last two years.
5. Candidates who do not have the above-mentioned language exam scores are required to enter the foreign language proficiency exams by our University and get a minimum of 50 points, and if they are not successful, they must continue the English Preparatory Program in order to start the program. Yeditepe University Graduates are exempt from English Proficiency.
Documents Required for Final Registration
• Original and 2 Copies of Undergraduate / Graduate Diploma (Students who have completed their education abroad are additionally required to bring notarized Turkish translations of their documents.)
• Original and 2 Copies of Undergraduate / Graduate Transcript (Students who have completed their education abroad are required to bring notarized Turkish translations of their documents in addition.)
• ALES Result Document Output (ALES condition is not required in the Non-Thesis Master's Program). ALES is not required for foreign students.
• Language Exemption Certificate (YDS, YÖKDİL or TOEFL)
• For Turkish Citizens with Foreign Diplomas: Equivalency Certificate from the Turkish Council of Higher Education
• Original Military Status Certificate. (Photocopy of the discharge certificate from those who have completed their military service.)
• Original and Photocopy of National Identity Card (Original and Photocopy of Passport and Residence Permit for Foreign Candidates)
• Certificate of Residence (e.g., E-Government Output)
• 4 Passport Photographs
Frequently Asked Matters by Students Related to Their Master's Program: